The SKD30 threaded insert provides a strong connection in all wood and wood-related materials (both softwood and hardwood) along with thermoplastics.
However, it is not only versatile but also has several special technical features:
– unthreaded lead promotes straight installation ensuring simple and fast processing
– special outside thread provides a good cutting effect into the substrate thus guaranteeing a stronghold with high pull-out values
– sealing collar enables a flush finish while providing a stopping point which is particularly advantageous for soft fibreboards such as MDF
– hex drive promotes ease of tooling and installation
SKD30 is the first threaded insert on the market to be delivered with a 100% quality control of all functional dimensions as a standard.
- Size: 15
- Diameter (D): 12mm
- Thread (d): 1/4-20 UNC
- Material: Steel, zinc plated
- Driver Size: 6mm
We recommend either the 10mm or 10.5mm Brad Point Bits depending on the hardness of the material.